|iGetter Download Manager PR1.3 for MacOS and MacOS X
||08/13/01 08:15 AM
|Presenta Ltd. announces iGetter Pre Release 1.3
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 13, 2001 - Presenta Ltd. is pleased to announce the release of iGetter Download Manger PR1.3 for MacOS 7.5.3 - 9.x and MacOS X.
iGetter is download utility that gives you convenience and ease in downloading on the Internet. Behind its pleasant interface is hidden powerful download engine. iGetter has many useful functions like resuming broken downloads, Internet browsers integration (only in the version for MacOS 7.5.3 - 9.x), queue filtering by various criteria, scheduling downloads for low traffic periods, reconnecting modems, hang up and shut down when the downloads are done.
New In Version PR1.3
iGetter PR1.3 contains a number of enhancements and improvements over version PR1.1. Most notably are:
- Included three types of queue filters that automatically show downloads in accordance with various criterions.
- Included possibility for multiple selections in the queue to perform group operations over file downloads.
iGetter PR1.3 is now also available for MacOS X as well as MacOS 7.5.3 through MacOS 9.x.
Main Features of iGetter:
- With iGetter you can easily control every file download. You can start, pause or let iGetter automatically download your files.
- iGetter lets you organize your file downloads with different priorities, and automatically downloads them.
- iGetter integrates with Internet browsers. Either with contextual menu for hyperlinks (Internet Explorer 4+ and iCab 2+) or catching mouse clicks of hyperlinks (Netscape Navigator 3+ and Communicator 4+). (Available only in the version for MacOS 7.5.3 - 9.x
- iGetter supports drag and drop technology and with its Target Icon you can easily download any dragable link or file with an Internet location.
- iGetter supports monitoring of your clipboard for Internet addresses.
- The great advantage of iGetter is its ability to resume broken downloads, checking date and size.
- iGetter analyzes every server response to prevent from damage to your file downloads.
- iGetter detects your connection with the Internet. It can automatically reconnect the modem connection until all pending downloads complete
- iGetter can schedule your downloads for low traffic periods.
- iGetter can Hang Up the PPP connection and Shut down the computer when all files in the queue are finished.
- iGetter can automatically start your anti-virus program to perform checking for viruses on the finished files.
- iGetter supports both standard Apple Remote Access and third party PPPs.
- iGetter has a full-multithreaded engine and can simultaneously download all files.
- iGetter supports Internet Config, HTTP and FTP Proxies, and Socks Firewalls (4, 4a, 5).
- Apple computer with PowerPC processor
- MacOS 7.5.3 - 9.x OR MacOS X v10.0 or later
- OpenTransport 1.1 or later
Pricing and Availability
iGetter Pre Release versions are free of charge.
The pre release version 1.3 of iGetter is available immediately for download from: http://www.iGetter.net/downloads.html.
For more information about iGetter visit its web site at: http://www.iGetter.net/.
1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 ]